Student Affairs at Virginia Tech is shaping the next generation – supporting each student as they create their place in this world and make it better for those around them.
In a year full of extraordinary challenges, Student Affairs continues to intentionally create learning environments where relationships flourish, diverse ideas converge, and students discover a greater purpose. From engaging in interfaith dialogues to joining a fraternity or sorority to developing new leadership skills, we offer opportunities for students to ExperienceVT and become the person they aspire to be.
This year, generosity from donors has enabled us to respond quickly to student needs and create new ways to foster a sense of belonging for all students. We are supporting resident advisors as they learn to lead in tough times, offering virtual fitness programs, advocating for students’ changing needs, and much more.
Your gift to Student Affairs makes possible:
- Critical assistance for students through resources such as counseling services, the Student Emergency Fund, and The Market of Virginia Tech, our new food access initiative.
- Well-being initiatives focused on mindfulness, fostering resiliency, and financial literacy.
- Community-building and stress-relief activities such as movie and trivia nights, Fall Fest, and art lessons.
- Programs designed for students to live, learn, lead, and engage across differences, creating smaller communities within the larger campus.
Gifts to any area of Student Affairs enable us to help every student succeed no matter what it takes. Join us by giving to the Student Affairs Annual Fund. You can also give to any of the following areas:
- Cook Counseling Center
- Cranwell International Center
- Dining Services
- Hokie Wellness
- Recreational Sports
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Engagement & Campus Life
- VT Engage: The Center for Leadership & Service Learning
Programs & Initiatives:
- Financial Wellness
- First-Generation Programs
- Interfaith Initiatives
- The Market of Virginia Tech
- Student Emergency Fund
Your gift can go further with challenges!
Thanks to the generosity of members of the Virginia Tech Parent Council, Student Affairs Alumni Advisory Board, and Young Alumni Board, we have several challenges set up for Giving Day 2021. Challenges are all about participation. A gift of any amount counts toward the challenge, and when we reach our goal, additional gifts are unlocked.
Student Affairs: when 161 people have made a gift to any area of Student Affairs $20,500 will be unlocked from the Alumni Advisory Board.
Then, when 25 more (total of 186 people) have made a gift to any area of Student Affairs, $1,000 will be unlocked from the Young Alumni Board.
25 gifts to each of the following areas will unlock funds:
- $1,500 to Services for Students with Disabilities from Robert and Marianne Werth and the Parent Council
- $1,250 to the Cook Counseling Center from the Parent Council
- $1,000 for each of these four areas from the Parent Council: Financial Wellness, First-Generation Programming, The Market of Virginia Tech, and VT Engage: The Center for Leadership & Service Learning
How to designate a gift:
On the "Give" page, select Student Affairs as the area of support. If you would like to designate a gift to a specific area of Student Affairs, the fund designation dropdown menu will allow you to select a specific fund. If you don't see your preferred gift designation, call (800) 533-1144 and make your gift over the phone.
After you give:
Help us spread the word about making a gift to Student Affairs! Share why you gave on your personal social media and encourage others to give. You can also follow Student Affairs (@StudentsAtVT) on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and share our posts. Thank you for your support!