You make a difference
The Virginia Tech Graduate School is responsible for graduate education across the university, with more than 150 degree and certificate programs offered at campuses throughout the commonwealth and online. We provide programs, services, and support for a community of more than 6,800 graduate students whose reasons for pursuing graduate degrees are as varied as the students themselves.
We support research, teaching, and learning opportunities that promote working collaboratively across disciplines and programs, encouraging our students to tackle society’s pressing problems creatively and ethically. We prepare our graduates to stand out and succeed in highly competitive global job markets, and we are committed to helping them achieve their goals.
More than 3,000 graduate students receive financial assistance, and your Giving Day donation helps us provide needed support for them. You will find graduate students
- Working in university laboratories and research institutions.
- Teaching undergraduate students in their fields of study.
- Providing support for key initiatives and programs in departments and units across the university.
Additionally, your gift supports such key programs as
- Diversity Scholars: providing resources and mentoring for students to develop projects focused on inclusion and diversity across the university.
- Citizen Scholars: recognizing students’ efforts to connect their work with their communities.
- Global Perspectives: supporting scholars as they research global higher education issues.
- Child-care assistance for graduate students with families.
How you can help
Gifts to these funds assure that we can continue providing students with transformative graduate education experiences and fostering an inclusive graduate community at Virginia Tech.
Dr. Karen P. DePauw Transformative Graduate Education Fund
This fund supports innovative and internationally known programs and services, such as Diversity and Citizen Scholars and the Global Perspectives Program. Giving to this fund ensures the Graduate School can continue to push the boundaries of graduate education and provide opportunities to help students grow and succeed beyond their expectations.
Graduate School Advanced Degree Alumni Fund
Your gift to this fund provides financial support to students and allows us to allocate resources where they can make the greatest impact on graduate education at Virginia Tech.
Little Hokie Hangout Fund
Gifts to this initiative help graduate students with children pursue their educational and professional goals by enrolling their children in the Graduate School’s own early education program. Ten donations of $50 make it possible for a child to attend the program three mornings a week for an entire semester. Students who have received this assistance say it has made continuing and completing their education possible.