Help us empower our students to keep learning through programs like CEED’s peer mentorship, Rising Sophomore Abroad, and experiential learning. Take part in Giving Day to support a distinctive Virginia Tech Engineering student experience.
Join your fellow Hokies, past and present, in helping us reach our goal of 2,083 donors in 24 hours of giving to help support our students.
Ready to make an impact? Letitia (Tish) Long ‘82 and her husband, John Skibinski, are sponsoring a challenge to build excitement and amplify the impact of our donors. This year’s college leaderboard standings are based on each college area's percentage increase over their all-time best Giving Day donor count. Areas with the largest increase in donors relative to their best year’s totals will be rewarded with bonus challenge funds, with $25,000 going to the top area, and $15,000 and $10,000 going to second and third place, respectively. That’s an extra $50,000 up for grabs.
No matter the size of your gift or your department or area, each unit can snag additional funds by beating its best numbers!
Gifts of any size make a big impact on students across the college:
- $5 purchases 4-piece landing gear for a drone.
- $10 provides safety goggles for student laboratory experiments.
- $20 buys metal for a student to cast a Hokie Bird statue in their first foundry class.
- $30 provides a student with a safety helmet and vest for construction and land development site visits.
- $50 provides printed circuit boards for a student project.
- $100 buys an Arduino robot kit for student learning in the Center for Autonomous Mining (VT Mock Mine).
- $250 helps buy materials for the Chem-E-Car competition team.
- $1,000 supports campus events hosted and organized by CS students, such as distinguished speakers, Women in Computing Day, hackathons, and programming contests.
- $5,000 fully funds one student’s scholarship for engineering education’s Rising Sophomore Abroad Program, an award-winning program that promotes extended international experiences and allows students to make initial contact with a company or university in another country to further their internship opportunities and career prospects.
Make your gift today and join your fellow Hokies in answering the call to support our Virginia Tech Engineering students.
How to get involved:
- If you have two minutes, make a gift to one or more areas of the university that matter to you.
- If you have 10 minutes, sign up to be a Giving Day Ambassador and encourage at least two of your friends to give. Text “VTAmbassador” to 51555 to receive an ambassador guide directly on your mobile device.
- If you have 30 minutes, post about Giving Day on your social media accounts and send emails to your networks encouraging them to participate.
How to designate a gift:
- On the "Give" page, select the College of Engineering as the area of support.
- If you would like to designate a gift to a specific department or area, another dropdown menu will allow you to select a specific fund.
- If you don't see your preferred gift designation, call (800) 533-1144 and make your gift over the phone.