Over the next 24 hours, help Pamplin keep its spot at the top of Virginia Tech’s Giving Day Leaderboard for a third year. Our goal for Giving Day 2023 is 2,891 unique donors and your gift, no matter the size, will support us in reaching this goal.
Whether you choose to give to the college’s annual fund, a department or program, Pamplin's Office for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, the Global Business and Analytics Complex, or a student organization, your gift will help us prepare the next generation of business leaders.
PAMPLIN LEADERBOARD CHALLENGE
All Pamplin departments, programs, and initiatives will win a share of Pamplin Leaderboard challenge funds with potential opportunities for additional bonus funds to be unlocked as the college reaches specific donor milestones throughout Giving Day.
$100,000 will be awarded to the top 10 units with the most donors to their area with 1st place of $20,000 aggregated down to 10th place of $2,000.
Following Giving Day, Pamplin will award special bonuses to units #11-32 on the Leaderboard:
- When Pamplin reaches 2,314 unique donors (Giving Day 2022 unique donors), an additional $500 will be unlocked for units #11-32 on the Leaderboard
- When Pamplin reaches its goal of 2,891 unique donors, an additional $500 will be unlocked for all units #11-32 on the Leaderboard for a total of $1,000 for each #11-32 unit
Our sincere appreciation to our 2023 Leaderboard donors who have made this possible.
DEIB BONUS CHALLENGE
When the college reaches the following donor milestones, bonus funds will be unlocked for the Office for DEIB.
- When Pamplin reaches 1,872 unique donors, a $500 gift from Interim Dean Russell will be unlocked for Pamplin DEIB
- When Pamplin reaches 2,314 unique donors, an additional $3,300 will be unlocked for Pamplin DEIB
- When Pamplin reaches its goal of 2,891 unique donors, $4,300 will be unlocked for Pamplin DEIB for a total of $8,100
GBAC AND CENTRAL CHALLENGES
This year, your gift will also automatically unlock additional dollars for the Global Business and Analytics Complex, an initiative that will bring students, faculty, and industry together in collaborative work environments for hands-on learning and research. Pamplin's new location within the complex will feature team rooms, state-of-the-art classrooms, and labs that will greatly benefit Pamplin students.
Donors can make a gift to any Pamplin fund and help unlock funds for GBAC. For every 289 unique donors, $12,400 will be unlocked for GBAC, up to $124,000.
The 2023 GBAC Challenge is facilitated by a collective of passionate Pamplin supporters, including Chris Shean '87, David Phipps '86, Dwight Shelton '71, Brian Cook '79, MBA '81, and an anonymous Pamplin parent, all of whom believe strongly in the transformational educational experiences that GBAC will catalyze.
Central challenges: Any central challenges won by Pamplin throughout Giving Day will be shared with all units participating in Giving Day.