The College of Architecture, Arts, and Design is making an impact!
The College of Architecture, Arts, and Design (AAD) at Virginia Tech is a global leader in architecture, visual and performing arts, and design. We are a community of courageous architects, designers, artists, and creators of communities. We are centered around transformative practices across environments, constructs, and human intersections. We care about — and work to improve — our shared natural and built environments.
And we are so proud of the Marching Virginians, who have been an integral part of the fabric of Virginia Tech since 1974. Your support helps maintain the level of excellence on the performance field that the MVs are beloved for.
Beyond the classroom and our studio spaces, our college prioritizes hands-on experience through research, study abroad experiences, internships, and student organizations that expand skills and broaden horizons. We empower students with the ability to combine technical expertise with critical and creative inquiry. With your support, we can provide more of these exciting opportunities to a growing body of AAD students.
Your gift makes a difference!
Every gift to AAD on Giving Day matters. Whether you’re a first-time donor or long-time supporter, your generosity helps support the aspirations of our students:
- $25 provides meals for your favorite Marching Virginian on gameday
- $50 supports technology fees that provide students with access to state-of-the-art equipment such as virtual reality lenses and 3D printers/scanners
- $100 provides transportation for students working on community-engaged projects in Radford and Christiansburg, Virginia
- $250 helps fund scholarships that help remove financial roadblocks for students and support their educational goals
- $500 supports transportation for students to major metropolitan areas beyond campus to visit world-renowned design firms, architectural sites, works of art, and musical performances
- $750 helps bring professional architects, designers, and artists to campus as a part of the college’s various exhibitions and lectures for student engagement, professional growth, and enrichment
- $1,000 supports strings education for SW Virginia middle school students for a semester
Your gift on Giving Day can inspire others to support these opportunities for AAD students. Sign up to be a Giving Day Ambassador and help spread the word to your networks – tell them why you give and how even small gifts make a big difference for our students!