A vision for a better tomorrow
It’s what we all have in common in the College of Natural Resources and Environment.
It’s also what drives our students to take on internships and other hands-on learning opportunities so they’ll be prepared to make an impact. It’s what motivates faculty to teach and research. And it’s what inspires donors to provide scholarship support to future environmental leaders.
We hope you will be a part of these efforts by supporting CNRE on Giving Day.
Every gift matters
Support CNRE and your gift will be put to work addressing top priorities in the college and providing the hands-on experiences that prepare students for career success. Donor gifts of all sizes have allowed us to tackle our most urgent needs by:
- Purchasing basic equipment like compasses and clinometers.
- Awarding scholarships to approximately one out of every 10 students.
- Funding research projects involving wildland fire management and wildlife conservation.
- Providing internships like those at the Virginia Water Resources Research Center.
- Sending students to spend a “Day in the Life” with potential employers.
- Holding an undergraduate research expo and sponsoring guest speakers.
How you can make a difference
Donor generosity has an incredible impact on our college. On Giving Day, you can support the area of the college you want to help the most. You can designate your gift for the CNRE annual fund, an academic department, a student organization, or the Leadership Institute, and give any amount starting at $5.
We are in it to make a difference. Will you join us?